Thank you to everyone that applied for the 2017 Doris K Wells Scholarship!
The 2017-2018 application year has closed. Stay tuned for 2019.
Empowered By Pink, Inc. is proud to announce The Doris K. Wells Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance in the amount of $500.00 to two graduating seniors from the Metro Atlanta Area School System whose life has been affected by a Cancer Diagnosis and who will attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in the fall of 2018.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of the State Georgia
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. An official sealed transcript at the time of application is required.
- Student must submit proof that they have accepted and will be attending an HBCU in the fall of 2018 (candidate will have to submit the acceptance letter before receiving scholarship monies).
- Must submit two sealed letters of recommendation from individuals that are familiar with the academic achievements, work performance and community service of the applicant (family members are excluded).
- Must submit a typed personal essay of 700 words or less on the topic of:
Life Beyond the Diagnosis: How a diagnosis of cancer has affected my life or the life of someone close to me.
To apply, students should submit all requested documentation by February 4, 2018.
Empowered By Pink, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1851
Conyers, GA 30012
OR application can be emailed to [email protected] with ALL of the required forms.
Award recipients will be notified by February 28, 2018 by the Scholarship Committee. All awards will be presented in March at the annual Doris K Wells Scholarship Tea. Please submit questions to [email protected]